2017-18 hanahau‘oli annual fund
The Hanahau‘oli Annual Fund (HAF) is comprised of unrestricted gifts to the School that allows for innovation, flexibility, and personalized learning. Every gift makes a difference and everyone benefits! The HAF is the exciting opportunity to support the school, and as the school reaches out into the community for funding, there is a compelling and powerful message in stating that our own families show they value their children’s school and demonstrate 100% support. Monies donated impact the child’s school experience in the classroom now and every subsequent school year with annual giving.
All Hanahau‘oli constituents participate – Board of Trustees, parents, alumni, past parents, grandparents, corporations, foundations, and friends. We nourish and care for our school together.
Because the Annual Fund directly supports that which defines us and makes us special - a small school with a big heart that offers personalized instruction, learning experiences that validate and respect childhood, outstanding teachers, and a beautiful campus within a loving and caring school environment.
Why is the hanahau'oli annual fund so compelling?
Tuition only covers 88% of the cost to educate a child at the school. We need to make up the shortfall of $2,800 per child to support moderate tuition increases yet advance our learning-by-doing mission which drives our school.
What is our goal?
The very top has no bounds! 100% constituent participation to support 100% of our students! Each gift is valuable and contributes to the goal.
how can i give?
- Gifts of cash that are tax-deductible
- Gifts of securities or appreciated stock that may provide a tax advantage and can be designated for any purpose
- Matching gifts from your employer (contact your employer regarding the possibility of a matching gift which increases your giving club level)
- Planned or deferred giving in the form of trusts, life insurance, or bequests
- Named endowments can be established with gifts of $10,000 or more that can be designated to support diverse purposes and provide permanent income for the school.
Gifts can be made by
- Cash, by check made out to Hanahau‘oli School
- Credit card, by clicking the "Donate" button online
- Stock transfer, please contact the Institutional Advancement Office for instructions
Donors may designate their gifts to
- Areas of greatest need for our school
- Louisa Palmer Scholarship Fund
- In honor or memory of someone special to you
When should a gift be made?
The Annual Fund drive begins in the fall of each school year. The goal is for every family to participate by December 31 to benefit from tax deductions. However, gifts to the Annual Fund will be accepted through the end of the school's fiscal year, June 30.
We invite you to join one of our annual Fund Giving Clubs
The Bell Councils
- Bell Ringer Council $25,000 and more
- Platinum Bell Council $15,000 - $24,999
- Gold Bell Council $10,000 - $14,999
- Silver Bell Council $5,000 - $9,999
- Bronze Bell Council $2,500 - $4,999
The giving circles
- Olympic Circle $1,000 - $2,499
- Makahiki Circle $500 - $999
- Slipper Toss Circle $250 - $499
- Stepping Stone Circle $100 - $249
- Reading Tree Club $1- 99
If you have any questions, please contact the Director of Institutional Advancement, Terrina Wong at (808) 949-6461.